
Fall is well underway for the Petti family! Fil's fully entrenched in classes, corporate briefings and other MBA things. Giulia is so used to him being at school that every time we pass Sage Hall she points and says, "Daddy!" Oh yes...her world revolves around Daddy. Here she is chillin' with Daddy doing - what else? - eating :) She loves her pretzels!
Since it gets dark so early now, I can't go out running anymore. I was ok with sharing the trails with the deer in the daylight but I'm not so into running next to Bambi at night. So I now belong to the Cornell gyms on campus. I just love working out surrounded super-fit 19 year-olds. It's...I don't know...refreshing. Riiiiiight.
And finally, in the Petti tradition of "Can't Get Enough Education," Giulia started "school" last week. I enrolled her into Cornell's new childcare program for 2 afternoons a week and she's loving it. She's having a great time making friends and learning new things. She's totally fine when I leave (I admit - this somewhat makes me sad...shouldn't she be crying for me or something?) but when I go to pick her up, she freaks out. She gets so excited...her jaw drops open, she screams "Mama!" and she literally trips over herself running over to me. It's the greatest thing ever :)
1 comment:
Ha - so funny! I love your updates Jeanne. Finally getting a chance to check them out. Dora never freaked out when I left her at "daycare" either...I remember the first time I left her, we'd just moved to Michigan. She was about 7 months old. I put her down with a bunch of other kids, and she just sat there awe-struck and smiling. And...totally didn't mind when I left. You guys sound well! Keep enjoying the outdoors of Ithaca while you can...
Post a Comment